cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error linking project created using TouchGFX 4.13 with IAR Embedded Workbench 8.40.1

biki
Associate II

I have just created a simple project using TouchGFX. It has one image, one button with label. When the button is pressed, the interaction has to fade the image. This is working fine inside TouchGFX. Like it is generating code and also run simulator is working. But when i open the EWARM project (from TouchGFX Projects -> Project Name -> EWARM ) using IAR Embedded Workbench, it is not building.

The error coming up is some linker issue.

I'm providing the log.

Building configuration: STM32F769I_DISCO - STM32F769I_DISCO

Updating build tree...

BitmapDatabase.cpp 

Linking

Error[Li005]: no definition for "indicesGb" [referenced from C:\TouchGFXProjects\testiar\EWARM\STM32F769I_DISCO\Obj\Texts.o]

Error[Li005]: no definition for "_blue_buttons_round_edge_small" [referenced from C:\TouchGFXProjects\testiar\EWARM\STM32F769I_DISCO\Obj\BitmapDatabase.o]

Error[Li005]: no definition for "_blue_buttons_round_edge_small_pressed" [referenced from C:\TouchGFXProjects\testiar\EWARM\STM32F769I_DISCO\Obj\BitmapDatabase.o]

Error[Li005]: no definition for "_mufasa_small" [referenced from C:\TouchGFXProjects\testiar\EWARM\STM32F769I_DISCO\Obj\BitmapDatabase.o]

Warning[Lc059]: the section name in this pattern caused it to not match any sections. Similar section names in the program are: C:\TouchGFXProjects\testiar\EWARM/stm32f769xx_flash.icf 39

"TextFlashSection"

Error while running Linker

Total number of errors: 4

Total number of warnings: 1

4 REPLIES 4
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

By default, TouchGFX Designer generates for STM32CubeIDE and not for IAR.

When you generate a new project using TouchGFX Designer, make sure you open the .ioc file with CubeMX, go to Project Manager->ToolChain/IDE and change the value to EWARM. Save the .ioc file and generate code in Designer. Now your IAR project should compile correctly.

Tell me if it resolves your problem.

/Alexandre

biki
Associate II

Hi @Alexandre RENOUX​ ,

It worked for me. Thank you

/biki

Hi Alexandre RENOUX 

I have same problem with MDK-ARM (Keilc)

i have follow your recommend, but it not solve

My project have a image and some button with purpose to test TouchGFX 4.13 running with CubeMX 5.5.

0690X00000DXHfJQAX.png

How can i solve this problem.

jnewcomb
Associate II

I also had this.

In TouchGFX designer where the image files are listed, I also needed to explicitly set each image to 'InitFlashSection'. By default it was grayed out.

As pointed out, set CubeMX Project Manager->CodeGenerator" to IAR and regenerate.

Hope this gets others up and running too..

Goodluck!