cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading NFC-A T2T Cards memory blocks

vaibh_p
Associate II

hey hi ,

To read the memory blocks from NFC-A T2T PICC , do we need to use all the stuffs like authentication and all just like in MFRC522 library files or this all is handled in RFAL Library ?

rfalT2TPollerRead() ---Does this function serves the purpose?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Vaibhav,

our demo in X-CUBE-NFC5 supports read and write of NFC Forum Tag Types 2,3,4,5.

Mifare Ultralight is one of the tags which can be configured as T2T.

ST offers T4TA (ST25TA family) and T5T (ST25TV/DV family).

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
vaibh_p
Associate II

Also what does PROTOCOL_ERROR means ? , the function rfalT2TPollerRead() returing this error.

vaibh_p
Associate II

Hi , Can you please suggest the sequence for test write and read using following api's:

-rfalT2TPollerRead();

-rfalT2TPollerWrite();

-rfalT2TPollerSectorSelect();

with some dummy values in locally assigned variables for these api's.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Vaibhav

can you please give more details about the tag you plan to use (i.e. manufacturer and model)? As far as I know, NFC T2T specification does not specify any kind of authentication. If the tag you are using requires some authentication, this means this is not a T2T tag but a proprietary ISO14443A tag.

Anyway, some examples of rfalT2TPollerRead()/rfalT2TPollerWrite()/rfalT2TPollerSectorSelect() can be found in ndef_t2t.c file from latest X-CUBE-NFC5 package.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
vaibh_p
Associate II

thanks Brian,

I am using MIFARE 1K type of cards.

and moreover while running the "exampleRfalNfca" example code , there I had got the output as "Type-A T2T tag" in the code main loop[infinite loop].

Please suggest me to how to read and write the MIFARE 1K type of tags and the API's to use for the same.

Thanks

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Vaibhav,

This kind of tag returns a SEL_RES value equals to 08h. As per NFC Forum Digital Protocol v2.0, section 6.8.2 requirement 6.8.2.3 the reader/writer SHALL treat a SEL_RES Response with b3 set to 0b and b7-b6 set to 00b as coming from a device that implements the Type 2 Tag Platform. This is why the polling loop displays "NFC-A T2T device found". Anyway this kind of tag is *not* T2T compliant.

Such tags require proprietary authentication before any memory operation (see datasheet from the manufacturer of these tags). If you want to use such tags with the ST25R3911B reader, you will have to implement this proprietary authentication and the ciphering. See other posts on this topic in this forum https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BQNakcSQD/nfc0541-read-mifare-classic-1k

I would rather recommend to use fully compliant tags from the ST25 family such as ST25TA (Type 4A Tags) or fully compliant Type 2 Tags (i.e. tags not requiring proprietary stuff).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
vaibh_p
Associate II

Hey thanks Brian , can you please tell me the details for your reply " fully compliant tags from the ST25 family such as ST25TA (Type 4A Tags) or fully compliant Type 2 Tags" ,

how to access i.e. Read and write data in them, any example source code , etc, whatever you have , please do share.

And in general , this tags are called by what name? (For example NFC-A T2T)

vaibh_p
Associate II

And also can we use another tags such as MIFARE ULTRALIGHT with ST25R3911B for directly accessing the data (Read/Write) ?

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Vaibhav,

our demo in X-CUBE-NFC5 supports read and write of NFC Forum Tag Types 2,3,4,5.

Mifare Ultralight is one of the tags which can be configured as T2T.

ST offers T4TA (ST25TA family) and T5T (ST25TV/DV family).

Regards, Ulysses

Thanks UH