cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LSM6DSL] Different accelerometer magnitude reading between +X axis and -X axis

MKang.1
Associate II

Hi,

As stated in question, accelerometer vector magnitudes are different when sensors are oriented to +X axis and - X axis. Difference is about 5 %.

DT0105 only states about +X axis calibration. so I'm confused whether this difference comes from chip itself, or installation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MKang.1​ , are you measuring data at application level? If so, did you check if you are fully planar with respect to x-direction (board / soldered device / etc), in order to avoid an "environmental" offset. Supposing it is an offset of any type, it is possible to compensate an unwanted offset in two different ways:

1. Writing the offset value in the X_OFS_USR (73h), Y_OFS_USR (74h), Z_OFS_USR (75h) --> see p.95 of the datasheet
  2. Saving the offset at software level and subtracting it to the acquired data

Regards,

Eleon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MKang.1​ , are you measuring data at application level? If so, did you check if you are fully planar with respect to x-direction (board / soldered device / etc), in order to avoid an "environmental" offset. Supposing it is an offset of any type, it is possible to compensate an unwanted offset in two different ways:

1. Writing the offset value in the X_OFS_USR (73h), Y_OFS_USR (74h), Z_OFS_USR (75h) --> see p.95 of the datasheet
  2. Saving the offset at software level and subtracting it to the acquired data

Regards,

Eleon

MKang.1
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

I understood I need to calibrate an offset. To calculate offset value, can I refer to DT0053 also for LSM6DSL?

Thanks for prompt answer.

Regards,

Kang

Yes, the mentioned design tips are generic and can be used also for LSM6DSL.

You can refer also to this community topic.

Regards

MKang.1
Associate II

Now it seems clear. Thanks!