cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvds / rgb connection tutorial

MChau.11
Associate

Hi I am new to embedded programming. I am currently using stm32f4 discovery board. 

I currently want to attach a lcd touch screen with my board. I have gone through some basic protocols fot displaying on lcd i.e via spi and i2c. 

I currently bought a 10 inch screen via alibaba which is having a lvds connection with it. I want to display some information via stm32f4 dicovery board onto this 10 inch screen.

I am interested in displaying information on LCD screen via RGB or LVDS connection.

I am aware of LTDC part. However, any online example / tutorial for making such connection would be great.

I can buy new lcd screen aswell. But i need to learn the lvds and rgb connection with stm32 board.

3 REPLIES 3

The original F4 Discovery board with the F407 probably isn't suitable to directly drive the display, lacking LTDC and SDRAM for a display buffer.

In such a case you'd need a display controller with its own interface and memory, and connect to that via the FSMC bus.​

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MChau.11
Associate

Thank you for your answer. I forgot to mention i also have a STM32F769I-DISCO board. This is why i was saying for LTDC.

RRoon
Associate II

Hi @MChau.11​ ,

did you ever get this working ?

I'm also interested in getting LVDS display working on STM32F7.

R