cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AN4667 equivalent for H7 and various performance queries

PMath.4
Senior III

Is there any equivalent document on performance for the H7?

I'm trying to do some final performance tuning on an applications and struggling to implement some of the ideas in AN4667

For example:

page 127 of the H7 reference manual shows that FMC SDRAM bank2 is only cacheable if remapped to 0x70000000 from 0xD0000000. AN4667 says to do this with "(SWP_FMC [1:0] = 01 in the SYSCFG_MEMRMP" but this register doesn't exist on the H7. Eventually I found

HAL_SetFMCMemorySwappingConfig(FMC_SWAPBMAP_SDRAMB2); which I think does the same thing.

Likewise:

AN4667 example 5 shows how to put specific build modules into ITCMRAM. I've used the same construct in the loader for the H7 and as soon as I place anything into ITCMRAM the application won't run

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

​Dear PMath,

Please refer to the AN4891 / x-cube-perf-h7 which is the same as AN4667 but targetting STM32H74x and STM32H75x devices. No need to do this portage ;).

BR,

STM32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

​Dear PMath,

Please refer to the AN4891 / x-cube-perf-h7 which is the same as AN4667 but targetting STM32H74x and STM32H75x devices. No need to do this portage ;).

BR,

STM32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PMath.4
Senior III

Great - thanks

Mikhail Z
Senior II

Have you been able to download the X-CUBE-PERF-H7 software?