cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help to develoop my own firmware for STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1

NMart.1
Associate III

I'm doing a final project with the STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1. I need to read temperature and sleep the tile box for a long period to save batery. I've never worked with MCUs, only with computers. Someone kwnows where I can find information about how to do it?

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Nicolás Martinez​ , the firmware package for the STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 is available at this link (FP-SNS-STBOX1), you can start from the available examples.

Btw, for your purposes you can use Mode 2 programming (Expert view) the temperature acquisition with the lowest ODR, saving data on the SD card. For a fully-charged battery, the optimized app (lowest temperature sensor ODR, SD card written once every long time intervals) will last up to 2 weeks.

0690X00000DBsqjQAD.jpg0690X00000DBsqoQAD.jpg

Regards

NMart.1
Associate III

First of all thanks for answering. I need to send data via BLE each time I read a temperature. I found a tool calle AlgoBuilder. With this tool I am going to be able to develoop my firmware?

First of all thanks for answering. I need to send data via BLE each time I read a temperature. I found a tool calle AlgoBuilder. With this tool I am going to be able to develoop my firmware?

Hi @Nicolás Martinez​ , yes Algobuilder is an ST tool that support SensorTile.box template and from the last release (2.5.0) a firmware template for SensorTile.box with BLE communication has been added, together with support for firmware template created using STM32CubeMX and X-CUBE-ALGOBUIDL package. The logical flow is the one below:

0690X00000DBxC5QAL.png

Regards