cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I set gcc in CubdIDE ?

MQi.1
Senior II

I want to bink a led on NUCLEO-G474RE, I used CubeMX and CudeIDE.

Since I don' t want to use IAR or Keil, so I select CubeIDE toolchain in CudeMX.

The code generated and has been opened as project in CubeDE, and the two lines has been added in main():

HAL_GPIO_TogglePin (GPIOB, GPIO_PIN_11);

HAL_Delay (100);

While, when I start to build, this info prompted:

Building in: E:\Blink_G474RE\build\default

make -f ..\..\Makefile

Error: build command 'make' not foundError:

What's wrong with it ?

Should I set the gcc environment variable manually?

I have heard gcc is the default build tool for CubeIDE, is there something I misunderstand ?

18 REPLIES 18
KnarfB
Principal III

STMCubeIDE comes with all tools needed to build a STM32 project.

Check Project > Properties > C/C++ Build. It should look like:

0690X00000DBCqIQAX.pngand Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Environment contains the path to all tools neded:

0690X00000DBCqNQAX.png

The paths are, among others:

C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.1.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.7-2018-q2-update.win32_1.0.0.201904181610\tools\bin;

C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.1.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.make.win32_1.1.0.201910081157\tools\bin;

Your settings may vary depending on your version and install options, but they should point to the existing tools installed by STMCubeIDE.

hth

KnarfB

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Try Internal builder.

If your computer is managed by IT at work, ask them to stop tampering with your applications.

-- pa

MQi.1
Senior II

My fold is empty.0690X00000DBdYzQAL.png

This doesn't look like a STM32 Project at all. Try again creating a new STM32 Project in a new folder from scratch. Follow "How to use STM32CubeIDE" video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imXauCiwEfs as close as possible.

MZuba.1
Associate II

Do not create c/c++ project try to create a new stm32 project. As far as i know if you are using STMCUBE IDE you don't need Cube mx separately.

make a new project from the ide. Most things are configured automatically.

MQi.1
Senior II

I used CubeMX first, then I imported the MX project into IDE, I wanted to build a project in the imported project from MX.

If you used New->STM32 Project From STM32CubeMX .ioc File, all must work fine. Recently I converted one old fat project from CubeMX + Workbench. But tryouts with old IDE versions had problems. I have 1.21 version now.

KnarfB
Principal III

Check that in you have set Toolchain/IDE to "STM32CubeIDE" in STM32CubeMX Project Manager before generating code.

This option, I have selected.