cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746G and touchGFX problem whit IAR and CubeIDE

antonioB
Associate II

Hi to all, i want to try a TouchGFX i create a simple example, i use CubeMX and select X-Cube-TouchGFX 4.13.0 for additional software, i configure all well, i see example and webinar for configure it and use TouchGFX designer for insert a simple UI for my example, all work well.

I generate a IAR project with CubeIDE, i use Application structure : Advanced and

linker Settings : Heap = 200 ; Stack = 800;

now If i compile the project i don't have problem but if i Make the project i see this error:

Error[Lp011]: section placement failed 

unable to allocate space for sections/blocks with a total estimated minimum size of 0x17'd129 bytes (max align 0x4) in <[0x800'0000-0x80f'ffff]> (total uncommitted space 0xf'fe38).

later i generate the project for STM32CubeIDE and i try whit it, but i see this error:

c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.2.0\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.7-2018-q2-update.win32_1.0.0.201904181610\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: region `FLASH' overflowed by 596908 bytes

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [makefile:74: TEST_1.elf] Error 1

"make -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

can you help me?

best regards and excuse me for my bad english

Antonio

4 REPLIES 4
Mon2
Senior III
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Have you got a chance to play with compilation optimization capabilities ?. Maybe your final binary sized may be shrunk a bit helping you to fit your current hardware resources. Let's play with project settings and C/C++ build settings if STM32CubeIDE.

hi thanks for your answer, i have default optimization, Optimization Level -O0 , as you can see for immage that i attach

0690X00000DBgOJQA1.png

hi thanks for your answer, sorry but I do not understand what I have to do, can you help?