cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing STM32CubeProgrammer Directory can not be written

JAlbr.1
Associate III

Good Day,

I am brand new to STM, and I'm trying to install the STMCubeProgrammer, but I keep getting the same error message when I'm attempting to select my installation.

I've tried making a different file path by hand, which didn't work. I tried going back to version 2.2, and that didn't work.

I'm attaching a picture of the error window. Any help would be greatly appreciated, so I can start learning how to develop with this board.

Thanks,

Jack

0690X00000DAAijQAH.png

5 REPLIES 5

Run as Administrator for the installer. Watch also for interference from AV software, or IT policies.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TimWaterman
Associate

I have this exact same problem installing STM32CubePrg-W64 2.14.0 on PC.. I have full admin rights. I get the same result on two different PCs.. where could this be going wrong?

Please tell us a bit more about your PC. Windows version? Language? Is any antivirus, "endpoint protection" etc. installed? This is a technical forum and we need relevant details.

Potentially Disc Full, Directory Attributes or AV or similar standing in the way.

Would suggest a different directory off root, or a different drive. A real directory rather than a per user virtualized one.

Installed STM32 Cube Programmer v2.14.00 to a Win10 Laptop this morning. So download and app work on this 64-bit Intel device.