Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Generate a stand-alone-project from a STMCube-Example

DBank.1
Associate

4 REPLIES 4
crwper
Senior

Could you be a bit more specific about what you're trying to accomplish? It seems to me that the examples given in the STM32CubeIDE repository are standalone projects already.

Michael

DBank.1
Associate

Certainly. I am starting with this example project:

en.STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Examples\LCD_DSI\LCD_DSI_VideoMode_DoubleBuffering\SW4STM32\STM32F769I_DISCOVERY\Example

As you can see from the path it is buried far down the directory tree. There are many backwards references to include files and source files back up the tree. These references do not have full path names so it is very difficult to find all of them. The entire STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\ directory is over 2GB. I really don't want to have to check that into GIT.

This example project is about 80% of what I need for a new product. I would like to be able to isolate all the files necessary to build it so it is not dependent on the STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1 directory.

So what I would like is a method to "extract" the project from all the unused files and paths

crwper
Senior

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that question. Hopefully someone else can help.

Michael

Write a script to digest the project file, extract the include path and walk the source and includes.

If the tool can generate a make file that might be easier to digest.

The bulk of the library and BSP files are in a couple of directories.​

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..