cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vl53L0X Offset Calibration

TGund
Associate

Hello,

I am currently trying to implement offset calibration to VL53L0X sensor. I placed sensor in front of white paper with 100mm distance as datasheet suggest. When I get sensor measurement before offset calibration, I get 135mm which is fine because i placed glass in front of the sensor. However, when I calibrate sensor, I get 0mm as a result from same distance. So, I move sensor to 200mm, I am getting 100mm for measurement. I think of offset calibration as it will add or subtract offset value from the measurement value not set 0mm when the offset calibration has made. I am using VL53L0X_perform_offset_calibration function from api. I followed UM2039 documentation as referance. So, what could be the possibble reason for that or is it the way offset calibration work?

Regards,

Taha

1 REPLY 1
FPayn.1
Associate II

Taha,

I'm just a VL53L0X novice like yourself, so I probably know less than you do about offset calibration. However, looking at the documentation for VL53L0X_PerformOffsetCalibration(), I see that one parameter is

* @param  CalDistanceMilliMeter   Calibration distance value used for the

* offset compensation.

Is it possible that you didn't provide this value? Also, it appears that the last parameter for this call is a pointer that will be updated to point to a location containing a 32-bit integer that is the new offset value - in micrometers; could you check to see what that new value is after you do the calibration?

Just my $0.02 😉

Frank