cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32h743zi spi with nonblocking (dma configaration)mode.Using stmcubemx is not working.

kgang
Associate II

Hi,

i used stmcubemx to configure spi in dma mode for stm32h743zi. I used spi 1 as master and spi2 as slave in dma receive mode i am not able to receive data.the same dma initialization is working fine for stm32f767.

Any suggestions to be made in initialization in stmcubemx is highly appreciated.

Regards,

krishna.

2 REPLIES 2
berendi
Principal

1. Ensure that the dma buffers end up in a memory area which is accessible to DMA (i.e. not in DTCM).

Check the memory layout of your project, review chapters 2.1 System architecture and 2.3 Memory organization in the reference manual, and the user manual of your toolchain.

2. Disable caching in the MPU. See here

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D70X000007Q6AwSAK/stm32f7-using-spi-slave-with-dma-to-set-a-flag-ie-no-interrupts

JVERN.18
Associate III

Hello,

I do not know if your problem comes from there, but I also had DMA problems which came from the fact that initialization MX_DMA_Init () was done after the initialization of the device (Cube 5.5.0)

After moving the initialization just after that of the GPIO (MX_GPIO_Init()), everything was normal.

Regards,

Jean-Louis