cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to start. I d'loaded MDK529.exe , it is an icon on my desktop. I click on it hoping to run it but it gets me to another screen asking me to install. Is there a clear and comprehensive single set of instructions that actually work?

KDIAS.2340
Associate II

Most of the links lead to nowhere i.e. 404 error

18 REPLIES 18
Piranha
Chief II
KDIAS.2340
Associate II

Thanks (for the second link). This talks about dev boards which I am not using. I have the STM32 already in my own board as mentioned earlier.

Piranha
Chief II

Oh, you poor one. One of course has to be a genius to see the "Devices" tab besides the "Boards" tab.

KDIAS.2340
Associate II

Tried Blinky example but got error msg:

Error: Flash Download failed - Could not load file 'C:\Users\Admin\Documents\MDK\MDK\Boards\ST\STM32G474E-EVAL\Blinky\Objects\Blinky.axf'

And is the file actually there? Any other failures in the connection/download process

I'd build these things off an C:\KEIL directory

Does the project build and complete?

Does the ST-LINK find a connected STM32 device? Inspect Options -> Debug -> Debug Settings

Do the ST-LINK Utilities find the STM32 / Board?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
KDIAS.2340
Associate II

I decided to try the simulator instead but got stuck. I am in microvision and loaded the project blinky but could not see the simulate button. The video shows him opening MDK and then you get a list of examples and you copy the one you want and then simulate appears automatically in the abstract file. I don't think you have to do this every time you simulate but then how else can you simulate?

Thanks. How to run the simulator?

KDIAS.2340
Associate II

At last, d'loaded Blinky via STLINK. When I ran it, the LED on STLINK started FLASHING red and green. So I assume my d'load to STM32G4 works OK. Now, I have to program the 3 motors for forward and reverse motion. Is there any code out there that can do it?

Thanks

Piranha
Chief II

You mean a universal code for universal unknown drivers? How about learning how your motor drivers work and turning them on?