cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25TB , ST25SDK-1.5.0 & android, can someone detail why "Type 4B tags are supported by the ST25SDK but not by Android" ?

GCOUE.1
Associate

I'm evaluating the ST25SDK-1.5.0 for the development of an application on Android but understood ST25TB tags are not supported.

Any recommandations on how to implement ST25TB support on a mobile application ? Any workaround on android?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

​Hello,

First of all, thanks for your interest in ST25 product family.

Then, if ST25TB is ISO 14443-2 Type B air interface and ISO 14443-3 Type B frame format compliant, it does not answer to a REQB command but a custom initiate command. Thus it prevents it to be detected during a multi-protocol anticollision sequence under android.

Best Regards,

BB

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

​Hello,

First of all, thanks for your interest in ST25 product family.

Then, if ST25TB is ISO 14443-2 Type B air interface and ISO 14443-3 Type B frame format compliant, it does not answer to a REQB command but a custom initiate command. Thus it prevents it to be detected during a multi-protocol anticollision sequence under android.

Best Regards,

BB

GCOUE.1
Associate

Hi Berenice,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Regards,

TDumb.1
Associate II

Hi there,

Would you have an Android app able to read ISO14443B tags, more specifically the ST25TB? Unfortunately, the app "ST25 NFC Tap" is not compatible with it.

Alternatively, would you have an example of code that I could use as a base to develop an application to communicate with this tag?

Many thanks,

Théo

Hi Théo,

I think from Android it will not be possible to support ST25TB tags as they are not detected by the phone's internal polling loop.

The ST25R readers are supporting the ST25TB tags. Inside ST25 Embedded NFC lib (https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-st25r-lib.html) you will find examples detecting these tags and also implementation of common functions inside rfal_st25tb.c/h

Best Regards, Ulysses

Many thanks for your fast reply.

As an Android mobile application is mandatory for your conception I will have to find an alternative tag, probably a type A with 4K EEPROM. We're using the reader ST25R3916 in your equipment.

Best regards,

Théo