cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX 4.13 does not have Keil Compiler?

Shubham Shivarkar
Associate II

Hello,

I am using TouchGFX 4.10 but want to use the latest version i.e. 4.13. The issue I am facing in this version is that there is no Keil Compiler I.e. I can't edit the generated code in keil henceforth. Want to know if there is anything that I can do to get the generated code of TouchGFX in Keil compiler.

Thank You and regards.

8 REPLIES 8
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

Are you talking about Application Templates that do not have Keil projects? That's right, some don't, but for the ones that support an .ioc file you simply generate your projects through CubeMX.

Are you using a specific board?

/Martin

Shubham Shivarkar
Associate II

Hi,

If I have to configure some widget,earlier in version 4.10 I used to do in keil IDE as the backend code was generated in Keil. But now in version 4.13 how do I configure the widgets. I don't have any clue.

Thank You and regards.

maurizio23
Associate II

Hi mee too I'm studing new Touch GFX Designer 4.13 and CubeMX 5.5.0 for my new own board un production. I use STemWin in my own STM32F429 board, but now I'm evaluation if move to Touch GFX Desing UI if will be possibile.

I use KEIL compiler and I'm interested in this question and answer.

Keil is supported! You'll use CubeMX to generate your TouchGFX HAL / Keil project and open that in the TouchGFX gui designer which then updates your Keil project for you.

Sorry, i don't understand.

Keil doesn't generate anything. Configuring widgets is done either through TouchGFX Designer or by hand in user code.

Can you be a bit more specific?

/Martin

Hello Sir,

Thank You for reply

I need to modify the user code in Keil which is not supported in TouchGFX 4.13.

Saying that "Keil" is not supported by TouchGFX is incorrect.

TouchGFX is a framework, it does not "support" compilers. You can compile touchgfx code with any compiler you want. There are a number of these compilers supported by CubeMX, Keil among other things.

For most Application templates we have Keil projects, but for some we don't. But it's not related to a specific version of TouchGFX.

Tell me more about how you created this project and thereby also why you think TouchGFX doesn't support Keil.

/Martin

Hello,

Earlier is used to browse the keil code directly.

Project name> target> Keil>application.uvprojx (Keil Project)

But in the latest version in target there are only header files and cpp files.

-Shubham Shivarkar