cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery board STM32f407vg try to program stm32f405rg MCU by SWD and No device found on target error appears.

CMore.1
Associate

Hello.

As above says, I'm trying to program a STM32f405rg MCU with the discovery board STM32f407vg.

I follow the process of taking off he jumpers of the ST-LINK and connecting in CN2

1 (VDD) ---> (3.3V)

2 (SWCLK) --->PA14 (SWCLK )

3 (GND) ---> (GND)

4 (SWDIO) ---> PA13 (SWDIO)

5 (NRST) ---> NRST (Pin # 7 LQFP64)

6 (SWO) ---> Not connected

I've follown the "GETTING START WITH THE STM32F4 MCU HARDWARE DEVELOPMENT" power supply scheme, in which is told how i'm supposed to connect every necessary pin for the device to start up.

If i measure the voltages in the pins VDD, VBAT, VCAP1 and 2, VDDA,VSS,VSSA, VREF+, RESET and BOOT0 i get:

VDD = 3.3 v

VBAT = 3.3v

VCAP 1 and 2 =1.25 v

VDDA = 3.3v

VSSA = GND

VSS = GND

VREF+ = It's the same VDDA pin in this Package

RESET=3.3v

BOOT0= GND

I'm using the decoupling capacitor where its required.

I'm using an oscillator of 8 MHz, i dont know if this could be an issue, since i've seen in other posts, usually is used a 24 MHz oscillator.

In the software part i ensure its selected SWD instead of JTAG

How do i now the device is still working?

Pleas help it's a little urgent

2 REPLIES 2
Ozone
Lead

Have you verified the SWD pin connections electrically ?

E.g. by an ohm-meter, up to the pin of the target ?

And by powering on and checking the voltages / waveforms ?

Alternatively, you can try the system bootloader approach, via UART.

Put the device in system boot mode (BOOT0/BOOT1 pin), and see if Cube Programmer or Flash Loader Demonstator can evoke a proper reaction of your target.

> Pleas help it's a little urgent

Not sure if the volunteers here are interested in your business / homework prospects and issues.

CMore.1
Associate

Hi, thanks for your fats reply.

Yes i've verified electrical continuity from each pin of the SWD to every MCU pin directly, the multimeter buzzes in eachone of the measures.

I'm using STM32CubeIDE and Keil uVision5 but i dont know how to select the system boot mode

this is how i'm configurating the debug settings.

0690X00000ByJEGQA3.png 0690X00000ByJELQA3.png

And this is the error that appears.

0690X00000ByJF9QAN.png