cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interface physical buttons through the editor?

Andreea
Associate II

Hello. I am currently trying to interface physical buttons with my UI, by using interactions directly from the designer, like so:

When hardware button is clicked > BUTTON KEY > Change screen

I am brand new in this software and embedded software in general, thus my question is, for BUTTON KEY, what do the numbers mean? How do I access specific digital pins on my board?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'm working on a STM32F746G-DISCOVERY board.

8 REPLIES 8
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Maybe i should do a writeup on this. All the way from CubeMX to Designer.

In a nutshell, you tell your .touchgfx file what the different keys "mean", which values they'll have. These values are received through your implementation of ButtonController which you'll configure on a TouchGFX HAL. That ButtonController will then sample some GPIO port and return the value, for a key, that you defined in your .touchgfx file - Creating a link between hardware and designer interaction (which translates to a handleKeyEvent() ).

I'll try to get more concrete when i have time.

/Martin

Andreea
Associate II

Hi Martin,

Thanks a lot, it's getting closer to what I need. Do you think it could be possible to include some kind of demo of it in the next webinar?

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Potentially! I'm not sure what the webinar plan is 🙂

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Maybe i'll do a video guide once i get some "free" time.

/Martin

Andreea
Associate II

That would be Great !!!

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Since we don't be going to Embedded World, i'll make an effort to do a video on this i think.

/Martin

Andreea
Associate II

Sounds good. Do you have any idea when we can expect this video to air? 😊

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

When EW was supposed to end for us, is my guess :D End of this month. I won't start until EW starts.

/Martin