cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What could cause this compile error: " The calling thread cannot access this object because a different thread owns it?"

RKros.1
Associate II

Hi,

I have tried to generate a new project via the templates in TouchGFX for STM32F429-discovery. I have also tried to create a create a project via STM32CubeMX 5.5.0 for the same board and followed the guide https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010921760-TouchGFX-HAL-Development.

Every time I hit the "generate code" in TouchGFX the result is "The calling thread cannot access this object because a different thread owns it." What can cause this failure..? Is it the tool, code (not modified by me) or Windows 10?

Bonus error; I also have the "String was not recognized as a valid DateTime." This one I know how to solve, but I don't know if they are linked...

0690X00000Bxw3jQAB.png

0690X00000Bxw3yQAB.png

Hope you guys can guide me.

Rasmus

9 REPLIES 9
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Rasmus,

I'll investigate.

/Martin

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Can you supply the logfile from %APPDATA&/TouchGFX-4.13.0/ ?

Hi Martin,
Here it is.
BR,
Rasmus

Hi Rasmus,

I don't think you attached it properly

/Martin

RKros.1
Associate II

I used the reply button on your e-mail, but it seems that these attachment won't end in here...

There it is. Thanks. Checking!

RKros.1
Associate II

It seems only to be a problem with the blank template. The one with bubbles works fine.

Oh, is that so? Interesting.

Took a look and it seems it's an error that may be masking the DateTime error because they happen so close to eachother. I'll think about it.

/Martin

I have the same problem.

What was the solution?

BR, Thomas