cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tune/tweak STWBC-WA settings using the STEVAL-ISB045V1 board to work with a Qi compliant, TI receiver (bq5105xB)?

DCamp.1
Associate

I have a design that uses the STWBC-WA on the TX board and a TI BQ5105xB chip on the receiver side and I'm having a hard time getting the handshaking and charging to work. I am using the STEVAL-ISB045V1 with the Tx coild swapped out with the coil we are using for our design. I have got it to briefly work and apply charge, but can not get it to work consistently. The error code appears to be CONTROL_ERROR_TIMEOUT which is causing the three rapid blinking lights to restart the Qi handshaking process. I have got it to work briefly by tweaking some of the configurable parameters on the STWBC chip via the STWBC GUI 3.48 software, but I'm looking for any specific guidance regarding a CONTROL_ERROR_TIMEOUT and what settings might affect that. Both chips are Qi compliant and when we did get the power transfer to initiate, we were able to see the Manufacturer show up as TI from the receiver, so that is working correctly. I'm trying not to tweak too much as I'm not sure what can damage the boards. I can provide the schematics if that helps.

Our TX coil: TDK WT151512-22F2-ID

Our RX coil: TDK WR121210-27M8-ID

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated and I can provide more design files as necessary.

2 REPLIES 2
MBurk.1
Associate

Hi DCamp,

Were you able to get this working? I currently have a project with a very similar setup (STEVAL-ISB045V1 Based design for the transmitter & BQ51050B Based design for the reciever, only difference is the coils we are using are the same as what the original STEVAL-ISB045V1 eval board came with). I will be getting my boards from production soon and would be great to know if you were ever able to get this working. If you were not, then I can certainly let you know what I find out on my end.

JPers.1
Associate II

Perhaps I am a bit late to the discussion, but I have an almost identical task, which was solved. The parameter I tweaked was the frequency interval. Even though the desired transmission frequency was in that interval, the board insisted on trying another frequency to transmit on, giving me the same error as you. So I narrowed the interval between min. and max. frequency and then it worked. If you do not know the transmission frequency then some testing will find it for you.