cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P-NUCLEO-WB55 running PWR_STANDBY_RTC example

crwper
Senior

I am trying to set a baseline for low power measurements in my own application. To do this, I imported the PWR_STANDBY_RTC example in the STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.3.0 repository and installed it on the P-NUCLEO-WB55. I then powered the board via 5V_EXT and connected a Keithley DMM6500 across JP2.

In this configuration, I measure about 10 mA when LED2 is flashing and about 499 uA when it turns off (should be in standby mode). The latter value is unexpectedly high, which makes me think I'm missing something.

Are there additional steps required in order to measure standby current draw correctly with this example running on the P-NUCLEO-WB55?

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BSpoe.1
Associate III

Did you open all connections of JP5 jumpers for measurement? This should decrease the idle current, because the ST-Link on the board will be disconnected.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BSpoe.1
Associate III

Did you open all connections of JP5 jumpers for measurement? This should decrease the idle current, because the ST-Link on the board will be disconnected.

crwper
Senior

Thanks! This does seem to have been the case. I got the same answer a couple of weeks ago from ST technical support, along with a presentation which walked through a low power example. I hope they will flesh out the presentation into a full Application Note at some point, as it was very helpful for me in understanding what's needed to test the low power modes.

Michael