cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WLE5J8/JB/JC LoRa RF (antenna) circuit reference

SRaj.1
Associate II

Hi,

I am looking for reference design for STM32WLE5J8/JB/JC LoRa SoC.

I found reference for NUCLEO-WL55JC board but was not able to find it on ST micro website.

I also want to check if its possible to design 2x wireless circuit (415MHz and 865MHz) using HF and LF pins on the SoC? If yes, can you please share the reference schematics for the same !!

Regards,

Satyan

3 REPLIES 3
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

1. App note for board design is available here: http://idp.st.com/dmsdownloader/downloadServlet?docname=DM00660594
  2. There is no HF or LF pin. Instead of the pins are RFO_HP (RF Output High Power) and RFO_LP (RF Output Low Power). Both RFOs can handle low and high frequencies.
  3. For each frequency or band you should use a dedicated matching network also for each power you should use a dedicated filter to attenuate correctly the harmonic frequencies.
  4. What are the desired powers for each frequency?

Hi @Remi QUINTIN​ 

Thanks for the details.

The application note link is not working for me.

Can you please check the link once more and if possible share the documents in public domain or via email (satyan.raj@imbrios.com)

I was thinking of use the 415MHz on the RFO_LP (TX 15dbm) and 865-866MHz on the RFO_HP ( TX 22 dbm).

Actually I was comparing the SoC radio with the Semtech SX1276 to which the radio pinout of STM32WL is similar.

Thanks