cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different display for the STM32F746 DISCO board

Ehill.16
Senior

Has anyone used a different display with this development board. I am trying to use a Newhaven 320 x 240 display with this board. I have removed the display and made an adapter board as the Newhaven has a 54 pin connector and the DISCO board has a 40 pin connector fo the LCD. By looking at the schematic of the DISCO board, I noticed that the board uses a interrupt from the display. The display I am using does not have an interrupt pin. Will this be a problem? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ehill.16
Senior

I got it working. I had to use an external power supply as the backlight boost convertor voltage was too high for the Newhaven display at 36 VDC. The Newhaven display only needs 19 VDC.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Duplicate threads - https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000ByuTsdSQE/using-a-different-display-with-the-stm32f746-discovery-board

Seems pretty clear that there aren't a lot of forum members who've pulled the screens off and replaced them.

What is the interrupt used for, blanking? The touch IC? Is it used in any of the examples?

If not, probably not something to worry about.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ehill.16
Senior

I got it working. I had to use an external power supply as the backlight boost convertor voltage was too high for the Newhaven display at 36 VDC. The Newhaven display only needs 19 VDC.