cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reliability issues of the LPS25HB when the rest of the circuit drain current from the coin cell

VLeme.2256
Associate II

Hello,

I have an issue with the pressure sensor LPS25HB. It looks like the LPS25HB don't work properly when the rest of the circuit drain current from the coin cell.

I confirm it is a problem related to the powering of the pressure sensor LPS25HB : When the rest of the circuit uses current from the coin cell, the pressure sensor don't register correct values. If I no components drain current from the coin cell except the pressure sensor, the sensor works well and register correct values.

There should be a power supply issue but I don't see any recommendation in your datasheet or AN concerning the power supply ... The sensor is powered by a coin cell (3V), it goes through a regulator and then to the LPS25HB. I also try without the regulator, the behavior stay the same.

The sensor only use 30uA ... The rest of the circuit consume approx 6mA (when I see the reliability issue).

The coin cell should be able to give 30uA to the pressure sensor during 10s when the rest of the system consume 6mA, no ? (coin cell is a CR2450).

Can you please explain me why your sensor can not work properly when it is powered by a coin cell ?

I measure a normal current consumption of the pressure sensor ... (on jumper 3 as you can see on the PCB, see files above) and the voltage on the coin cell does not drop beloow 1.8V (voltage needed for the LPS25HB).

Waiting for your reply.

Kind regards,

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

We can maybe relate this topic to this thread. I'm checking now the schematic of your application... are you sharing the I2C lines between the LSM6DSOX and the LPS25HB? Regards