cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55CE is it possible to compile ZigBee example with other tool than IAR?

KKura.1
Associate

Hello,

I tried to build project over KEIL but there is of course problem with linking stm32wb_zigbee_wb_lib.a, keil library has extension ".lib".

Next step i used Atollic and option to import IAR project - compilation failed. Compiler can't find files that should be seen...

So, I tried to build project from beggining. Everything compiling great but there is a problem with linking stm32wb_zigbee_wb_lib.a, some functions are not seen...

Library ".a" for IAR has the same structure that for atollic-gcc? That should work?

1 REPLY 1
SKrue.1
Associate

I've been getting this working over the past few days in TrueStudio, so let me share what it took to get this software compiling:

• I imported the IAR project into TrueStudio
  • I replaced the startup file with one generated by TrueStudio. I did this by creating a new project for my processor (in my case STM32WB55RG) and copying the file into my converted project.
  • I created a new linker script under File-> New for the same processor.

Then, we need to update the settings for the project in C/C++ Build->Settings:

• Go to the tool settings tab and under C++ Linker->General, select your new linker script .
  • Under C++ Linker->Libraries, add stm32wb_zigbee_wb_lib.a under Libraries and add its containing folder to Library Search Path.

At this point, I was able to compile the project. To generate a hex file to program via ST-Link, go to Other->Output Format under the C/C++ Build->Settings Menu, check "Convert Build Output" and select Intel Hex.

Hopefully this helps!