cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX example on "non ST produced" STM32 development board like HOTMCU SOM-STM32429IG to demonstrate CUBEMX TouchGFX CubeIDE integration

GOmon.1
Associate III

Hi I have spent a long time trying to get a working example going on a 3rd party STM32 development board, to try and learn the difficulties in getting a project up and going from scratch.

The ST examples are awesome and work beautifully on the off the shelf ST boards.

But when it comes to moving to another board like the HOTMCU SOM-STM32429IG 

or a WaveShare board I cant seem to fill in the blanks.

A video or instructable on getting TouchGFX up and working from scratch and the quirks encountered would be awesome. Martin has done a fabulous job so far and has motivated me to move from PIC32 to STM32 just by watching his videos.

I think that what is holding a lot of us newbies back is the complexity of NOR,NAND and SDRAM initialisation and CubeMX not making memory assignment and mapping easier for unfamiliar users. The current ST tools offering is groundbreakingly awesome and I am hanging to fully understandand and use it.

But like Arduino and Platformio, it will change the face of makers and IOT professionals.

I tried pulling apart examples written in Keil 5 as the the examples for these boards are usually written in Keil and StemWIN.

I have probably not done a great job of describing the problem but I think you get the idea.

Thanks Heaps

Greg

1 REPLY 1
GOmon.1
Associate III

I think that I have solved the Memory issues as I have learned to alter the Linker script by reading examples on the forum and get compilation without errors now.

Next I am working on understanding the memory loader, as I still get nothing on the screen, which I think is due to the external memory nobbling loaded even though I don't get any errors at this point.

Thanks .