cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to upload program in external flash on stm32f746g-DISCOVERY?

jsavy.1
Associate

hi everybody,

I am working on a project with the stm32f746g-DISCOVERY board , I use Touch GFX to make a hmi.

The 1 Mbyte of Flash in the microcontroller is too short for my use

I am using keil to develop the project

if possible what setting do I need to change in keil ?

I hope somebody can help me (:

julien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You'll want to use the QuadSPI (QSPI) external flash to hold large objects.

You'd enable the QSPI in the STM32 side software. ie clocks, pins, peripheral

You'd change the Target memory map to describe the 0x90000000 memory space to the linker.

You'd change the Debugger Option, Flash Download settings to Add the Flash Algorithm for the STM32F746G External QSPI Memory

Perhaps review/familiarise yourself with the examples

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Examples\QSPI\QSPI_PreInitConfig\readme.txt

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Redirect to "STM32 MCUs", "STM32F4" topics to be seen by relevant audience.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

You'll want to use the QuadSPI (QSPI) external flash to hold large objects.

You'd enable the QSPI in the STM32 side software. ie clocks, pins, peripheral

You'd change the Target memory map to describe the 0x90000000 memory space to the linker.

You'd change the Debugger Option, Flash Download settings to Add the Flash Algorithm for the STM32F746G External QSPI Memory

Perhaps review/familiarise yourself with the examples

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Examples\QSPI\QSPI_PreInitConfig\readme.txt

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

"STM32F7" would be better, I'd edit these things, but this forum software is broken

Thanks @Community member​ 

Indeed "F7" .. have to wear my glasses 😉

I report your issue around Topic edition.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
jsavy.1
Associate

Thank you very mutch =) @Community member​