cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM8 Bootloader

Syann.1
Associate

hi,every one.

i am working on Bootloader with STM5288 and STM6266 microcontrollers in PC application Side(I am making own PC application as per my user interface),So what are the sequence of commands we need to send from the PC applications,that we can flash the code into microcontrollers,

1.I took the log of ST Flash Demonstrator,so you followed some set commands,can i know why you followed that set of commands ,

2.commands are differed in 5288 and 6266 case so can you give me sequence of procedure,that I may use for rest of controllers with little change

3.I gone through UM0560 manual,but in this you mentioned individual command procedure and flow chart.

i didn't find procedure you followed for ST FLASH demonstrtor,

so, can any one suggest which one I Should follow

I took the ST Flash demonstrator(PC Application) log in logic analyzer,then I observed that from ST Flash demonstrator 3 times writing to device locations are 0X00 0xA0 and 0x01 0x20 and 0x01 0xA0(i.eMicrocontroller STM8AF5288) before start writing s19 file,then how can I know that data without log,if I want to use other Microcontroller then how can take the data for that 3 write cycles without log .

2 REPLIES 2

Perhaps review the protocol described in the app notes / manual? Doesn't that describe the interaction?

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/e4/83/c1/d6/ee/d8/49/b8/CD00201192.pdf/files/CD00201192.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00201192.pdf

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

thanks for your reply,

I took the ST Flash demonstrator(PC Application) log in logic analyzer,then I observed that from ST Flash demonstrator 3 times writing to device locations are 0X00 0xA0 and 0x01 0x20 and 0x01 0xA0(i.eMicrocontroller STM8AF5288) before start writing s19 file,then how can I know that data without log,if I want to use other Microcontroller then how can take the data for that 3 write cycles without log .