cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7A/7B Documentation.

Asantos
Senior

I wonder when the STM32H7A/7B documentation will be available.

The L5 documentation was released more than a year ago, and L5 is not yet available in stock at distributors. H7A / H7B are in stock and there is no sign of the documentation!

6 REPLIES 6
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

There is Embedded World 25th - 27th of Feb. I'd bet the official release of H7A/H7B will be there ...

And hopefully ST will have completed the paperwork for export by this time.

Thing is the more technically astute customers, and bleeding-edge users, have a far more direct relationship with sales and support, and access to silicon and documentation that is embargoed under NDA.

You're asking the wrong people, in the wrong place.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Singh.Harjit
Senior II

Out of curiosity, I did a search on Google for STM32H7A and came across an ST GUI presentation in Chinese which had the following blurb (after translating it from Chinese):

Built-in large capacity SRAM optimizes BOM cost

• Supports HVGA 16bpp or WVGA 8 bpp without external RAM

Advanced graphics features

• Chrom-ART ™

• JPEG decoder

• TFT controller interface

• Chrom-GRC ™

Rich package

• QFP, BGA and CSP

• Support graphics interface from QFP64

HVGA @ 16bpp = 307200 bytes

WVGA @ 8bpp = 384000 bytes

So, RAM must be 512KB or higher if they support multiple simultaneous frame buffers.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

More RAM is very welcome. But Ethernet is missing in both H7A and H7B variants.

What add-on Ethernet options exist for these chips?

-- pa

Asantos
Senior

A good choice would be the W5500 SPI ethernet controller from Wiznet. You have the option to use its internal tcp-ip stack in hardware, and the option to use it as normal ethernet controller using a software tcp-ip stack as the LwIP.

I think that the STM32H7B3-DK has a wi-fi module. So I believe that ST planned these chips for wireless and GUI applications.