cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wanted to the STM board that contains the prime cell SPI controller ssp_pl022_r1p3.

RValm.1
Associate

I am looking a STM board that contains the SPI controller that exercise the ssp_pl022_r1p3 prime cell IP, http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ddi0194g/DDI0194G_ssp_pl022_r1p3_trm.pdf.

Thanks for your help for providing the information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Quick googling revealed that the Wiznet (e.g. W7500) and the various NXP LPCxxxx chips contain something which resembles this IP.

JW

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Why do you think any STM32 would contain that IP?

JW

Andrew Neil
Evangelist

In addition to @Community member​'s question,  Why does it matter what specific IP is used?

Every microcontroller manufacturer documents the operation & behaviour of their peripherals, and provides examples, etc, on how to use them - why is the underlying IP relevant?

RValm.1
Associate

Yes, it is understood that every micro controller manufacturer have their own peripherals and examples. As like cortex-M4 series is ARM IP and some soc vendors made have soc's, exploring other IP's from ARM to gain more understanding about various SPI IP's.

At present I am working with the STM32F446VE series board. In lieu that exploring the STM boards, incase if any have the specified IP. I dont think it is insane to ask.

SPI to a CPU core is an apples-to-oranges comparison.

With the CPU, it does specifically matter - because it defines the entire development toolchain, environment, and ecosystem.

But why is that particular SPI implementation important to you?

Does it do something in particular that you need - and can't find elsewhere?

Quick googling revealed that the Wiznet (e.g. W7500) and the various NXP LPCxxxx chips contain something which resembles this IP.

JW