cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enable RTOS support for USB HS

PHlin.1
Associate III

Hello,

I'm using Discovery board for STM32H747XIHx, STM32CubeMX 5.5.0 and so far I wasn't able to find a way how to enable support for RTOS in USB_HOST_M7 menu in CubeMX. There is only "Disable" and it's missing "Enable". I'm not sure if I setup something incorrectly or this is a bug. I'm using FreeRTOS for M7 core and if I set "#define USBH_USE_OS" to "1U" manually in usbh_conf.h, everything works correctly. Does anybody know why CubeMX doesn't allow me to Enable the support? I tried to find out dependency in CubeMX database and templates, but wasn't able to figure it out.

Thanks,

Petr

4 REPLIES 4
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @PHlin.1​ 

Thanks for the feedback, normally by activating FreeRTOS , the USBH_USE_OS can be enabled , so issue will be fixed in the next release.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.

Hello @PHlin.1​ 

As described, USB_HOST_M7 is active only when USB_OTG_HS IP is configured in host mode or/and Active only when USB_OTG_FS IP is configured in host mode.0690X00000BwcKEQAZ.png

So, 1. activate USB_OTG_HS then USB_HOST_M7 will be supported .0690X00000BwcLMQAZ.png

Best regards,

Nesrine

PHlin.1
Associate III

Hello Nesrine,

Thanks for your reply, but I don't have any problems with USB HS Middleware, that works for me without any problems. The problem I'm having is that I can't enable "USBHS_USE_OS" option in CMSIS_RTOS section in USB_HOST_M7 Middleware configuration.

Thanks,

Petr

​Issue will be fixed in the next release @PHlin.1​ .