cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE don't see existing .project file when workspace is on other computer

MStan.2
Associate

Hi, I'm new to this IDE and STM32 (I came from AVR) and I try to prepare an environment to work. My target is to have one workspace location to work on my project on two computers in local network. One of them is Ubuntu and other WIN10. I've created directory on Ubuntu and set it as Workspace in STM32IDE. On Ubuntu everything work fine but under WIN I receive message that there is no .project file. On WIN I've mapped Ubuntu location as remote disc and all location and .project file is visible from file explorer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

A workspace is meant to be user specific and not really shared between two workstations. This is because it saves a lot of metadata that you may not want to share between different computers. Such as where dialogs are seen, what perspectives are open etc.

If you want to work on one project with two different computers then I suggest some sort of team synchronization tool. There's a team synchronization perspective that's hidden by default until either:

1) Git/Svn is installed, regardless the way (Marketplace, InstallNewSoftware, etc...)

2) STM32CubeIDE is started with –unhideTeamSynchronizing

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

A workspace is meant to be user specific and not really shared between two workstations. This is because it saves a lot of metadata that you may not want to share between different computers. Such as where dialogs are seen, what perspectives are open etc.

If you want to work on one project with two different computers then I suggest some sort of team synchronization tool. There's a team synchronization perspective that's hidden by default until either:

1) Git/Svn is installed, regardless the way (Marketplace, InstallNewSoftware, etc...)

2) STM32CubeIDE is started with –unhideTeamSynchronizing

MStan.2
Associate

Thank's for quick reply. Then I will use git.