Error while debugging into QSPI

idrissmc
Associate II

hi everyone,

why I'm getting this error?

0690X00000BwZI0QAN.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

>>I called the qspi.c & .h and added an MPU at the @0x90000000, added the BSP into QSPI_init()

Ok, but that is all C side implementation code.

The error looks to be linker, or downstream the code converting it to a .BIN file (objcopy). Uncheck "Make .BIN" or whatever the IDE option is there.

Perhaps you can avoid generating a .BIN as it will be huge, try creating a .HEX instead, as this can be sparse (holes between different memory regions)

>>I copy the code from a file that was generated by TouchGFX, when I build the other one it works but mine doesn’t work, this is weird!

Review the project meta-data, describing the link/build options, and how they differ. Find an example project using QSPI that works.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Probably some sequencing order in the .LD, too late in file and having earlier matches, or attempt to copy out of internal flash.

idrissmc
Associate II

@Community member​  how can I solve that please?

I guess you'd review the .LD and modify it. I can't see your file from here.

Perhaps DIFF your implementation against this one

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Examples\QSPI\QSPI_PreInitConfig\SW4STM32\STM32746G-DISCOVERY\STM32F746NGHx_FLASH.ld

same error @Community member​ 

where can i find .LD? I can see only .map

Which one? The one you show in your editor above, or the one in the HAL example trees?

The one in the IDE above looks to be complaining things are full, but the definition suggests it has 16MB, so you'd need to have some very large pieces in order not to fit. Perhaps quantify what size objects you are working with, or combining.

idrissmc
Associate II

@Community member​ , I copy the code from a file that was generated by TouchGFX, when I build the other one it works but mine doesn’t work, this is weird!

I called the qspi.c & .h and added an MPU at the @0x90000000, added the BSP into QSPI_init()

What can you suggest bc I really need this! my code is overloading the flash & im getting an error with this! I have 32Ko out of flash

>>I called the qspi.c & .h and added an MPU at the @0x90000000, added the BSP into QSPI_init()

Ok, but that is all C side implementation code.

The error looks to be linker, or downstream the code converting it to a .BIN file (objcopy). Uncheck "Make .BIN" or whatever the IDE option is there.

Perhaps you can avoid generating a .BIN as it will be huge, try creating a .HEX instead, as this can be sparse (holes between different memory regions)

>>I copy the code from a file that was generated by TouchGFX, when I build the other one it works but mine doesn’t work, this is weird!

Review the project meta-data, describing the link/build options, and how they differ. Find an example project using QSPI that works.

Thank you boss!

but @Community member​ i can see no more image on the LCD, but still see the texts, backgrounds(they’re made of box not images) have you got an idea about that problem?