cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference with EVALSTDRV600HB8

Manoj Hiwarkar
Associate III

I want to know the values of C1,C4,C7,R2,R3,R4,R5,D3 in EVALSTDRV600HB8. My frequency of operation will be 25KHz to 40Khz.

Regards,

Manoj Hiwarkar

3 REPLIES 3
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

​Hello,

• C1 high voltage supply bulk capacitor must be selected according to your HV supply value (voltage rating) and energy requirements (cap size).
  • C7 Vcc voltage supply bulk capacitor must be selected according to your Vcc supply value and energy requirements (e.g. for Vcc = 15V you can use a some tens of uF and 25 V rating)
  • D3 external bootstrap diode. This diode is necessary when the internal boot diode is not used (e.g. when the external topology does not allow to recharge the boot cap during low side power turn on, refer to AN1299
  • R2, R3, R4, R5 the gate driver network must be selected according to external power in order to limit the gate current during commutations. The final target is to control the dVOUT/dt of each half-bridge output and then reducing the EMI (for reference you can find more details on AN2738 par 8.9 and 8.10)

Regards

1. My high voltage will not be more than 400V
  2. I want the exact value is there any need to compute it.
  3. What do you mean by that, because we already have it inside the chip isn't ? do we also have option to enable/disable it ? In which case should we opt for external diode ?
  4. Pl external power means are you talking about auxiliary power supply. in the datasheet they have mentioned 17v to drive the gate. So my vcc will be in that range only.

​You can find the answers to the questions in the documentation linked in my previous post.

Concerning the point 4 I means external power stage (MOSFET), you can find more details on the linked Application notes.

Regards