cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an appraisal of the Chinese STM32H750 board advertised on Ebay, Alibaba, etc. Does ST sell any equivalent product? I'm finding this website very difficult to navigate, and I can't find one.

MEwen.1
Associate II

I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong forum.  The Chinese board is at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STM32H750VBT6-Development-Board-ARM-STM32H7-Programmable-Controller-Module/123952880379?hash=item1cdc2adafb:g:8vsAAOSwnihdtAn4

It has a USB port on it with a CH340C on it - but I don't know if it can be programmed through the USB. It also has an SD card slot, so maybe program can be transported to it on the SD card. Apart from the picture, I don't know anything about it, and experience tells me there will be little or no documentation.

Does STM offer anything equivalent? If so, can't find it on the website.

13 REPLIES 13
Piranha
Chief II

For a cheap board, just take some Nucleo board and connect necessary additional electronics when needed. Besides schematics and documentation, the main advantage is:

• On-board ST-LINK debugger/programmer with USB re-enumeration capability: mass storage, Virtual COM port and debug port

Additionally the on-board ST-LINK can be converted to J-Link. Developing without debugger in 21st century is pure masochism...

berendi
Principal

I don't think it can be programmed by SD card.

It might be programmable through the USB-serial port, but you'd certainly need an ST-Link or compatible adapter for debugging.

Some discussion of this (or similar) board here and here.

I'd assume the CH340 is connected so that the built-in bootloader could be used in USART mode. Maybe some of the unpopulated parts around the CH340 are the circuitry to automate reset/BOOT0 handling connecting them to DTR/RTS.

JW

hansd56
Senior II

And still Y silicon.

hansd56
Senior II

And it has a SWD port. So it can be programmed with an external debugger.

I have this board, programming via SWD header into an ST-LINK/V2

Have SD Card working.

SPI Flash is not wired in a QUADSPI mode

No SDRAM.

Good break-out connectivity

ST has a DISCO board. STM32H750B-DK https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32h750b-dk.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

A loader that can pull from SD into RAM is certainly possible.

Board ships with simple LED toggle, as I recall.

I've bought two boards, in these the silicon is V,

Posted the Cube .ioc file here.

-- pa

Mine was a Y, but suspect newer stock is probably available now.