cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my B-L475E-IOT1A2 want not to connect AWS!

VChur.1
Associate II

I have tried setup into device all of kind CA certificates from AWS https://docs.aws.amazon.com/iot/latest/developerguide/server-authentication.html

followin instruction from ST but nothing help!! Only errors:

*** AWS connectivity demonstration ***

AWS IoT SDK Version 2.1.1-

MQTT connection in progress:  Attempt 1/3 ...

C:\STM32_IoT_Cloud_Workspace_V1.0.1\Middlewares\Third_Party\mbedTLS\library\ssl_tls.c:4454: x509_verify_cert() returned -9984 (-0x2700)

ERROR: iot_tls_connect L#303 failed

! mbedtls_ssl_handshake returned -0x2700

ERROR: iot_tls_connect L#311   Unable to verify the server's certificate. Either it is invalid,

or you didn't set ca_file or ca_path to an appropriate value.

5 REPLIES 5
AKlei.1
Associate II

+1

I have exactly the same problem and also looking for an answer to this one.

I've created the AWS certificates and installed as per instructions and I get the same error.

(We have been able to successfully create AWS certificates for other (Non-STM32) based platforms we are using)

AKlei.1
Associate II

@VChur.1​  ... I managed to get it working.

When you download the software from this site ... https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcu-mpu-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-packages/x-cube-aws.html ...

... you have the option of "Download" ... "Get Software" or "Previous Versions" ... "1.2.1". I found that version 1.2.1 worked from me.

@AKlei.1​  Thank you for this information! Please help me how to add expansion package (x-cube-aws for example) to STM32CUBE IDE ?

I cant find any information about it ... for example, if I try to add via "help/Embedded Software Packages Manager" it write me "Problem during load of selected File" - "Invalid zip file or missing expected Pdsc file within pack root directory."

And many "water" information about "Expansion Packages" and none instruction how to add it to STM32CubeIDE !!!!!!

AKlei.1
Associate II

@VChur.1​ , Sorry I'm not using the STM32CUBE IDE

Setting the RTC from the network time.

C:\GP_Store\IoT\X-CUBE-AWS_1.2.x\Firmware\Middlewares\Third_Party\mbedTLS\library\ssl_tls.c:4587: x509_verify_cert() returned -9984 (-0x2700)

Configuring the RTC from Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 23:53:52 GMT

AWS IoT SDK Version 2.2.1-

MQTT connection in progress:  Attempt 1/3 ...

C:\GP_Store\IoT\X-CUBE-AWS_1.2.x\Firmware\Middlewares\Third_Party\mbedTLS\library\ssl_tls.c:4587: x509_verify_cert() returned -9984 (-0x2700)

ERROR: iot_tls_connect L#316 failed

ERROR: iot_tls_connect L#324   Unable to verify the server's certificate. Either it is invalid,

Alternatively, you may want to use auth_mode=optional for testing purposes.

MQTT connection in progress:  Attempt 2/3 ...

ERROR: iot_tls_connect L#324   Unable to verify the server's certificate. Either it is invalid,

MQTT connection in progress:  Attempt 3/3 ...

ERROR: subscribe_publish_sensor_values L#293 Error(-4) connecting to al4gd4utaq9sl-ats.iot.eu-west-3.amazonaws.com:8883

*** Cloud connectivity demonstration ***

Cloud connectivity demonstration completed