cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending strings to board stm32wb55

Kolab
Senior

Hello! I am using BLE terminal app to send strings to my board stm32wb55 connected to my PC. On PC I am using the terminal Hercules to monitor UART. When I send a string from BLE terminal I don't see it on Hercules, but I can see all actions when for example the advert starts or stops, when I click on the button in ST BLE StarNet (I use p2p_server example). Where strings are received on the board? is it in payload? And how can I send strings from board to BLE terminal?Help please! I am a long time with this problem.

7 REPLIES 7
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Unfortunately, considering applications such as P2P server, it is possible to see debug messages but in no way control the application.

Please have a look at the Cable replacement project to have an example of a possible Point-to-Point communication using BLE component.

STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.4.0\STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.4.0\Projects\P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\BLE\BLE_CableReplacement.

Kolab
Senior

Hello Remi! Thanks for your answer

I had a look at BLE_CableReplacement and it describes only connection between two boards. And what about connection board and phone? I tried but I still don't see the message on phone. Once I can't control the app by that way, so I must change the stm mobile app's examples that are in the github repository so as to send strings? I wanted to develop my own app to do this :(

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Please have a look the STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.4.0\STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.4.0\Projects\P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\BLE\BLE_p2pRouteur project.

Go to the readme.txt file.

Once the code is downloaded on the STM32WB55xx board and executed, the modules are initialized.

The Peripheral device (P2P Server) starts advertising to be connected by Smart Phone application.

As you already have the source code of the android apk, this project should help you.

Kolab
Senior

Thanks for the answer @Remi QUINTIN​  ! One more question about source code on github : I have downloaded the code from the repository STBlueMS_Android but I can't find the main file(the main class) so as to compile on Eclipse(once it is in Java). Where can I find the main?

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​In fact you should use  Android Studio to generate the code.

Hope you get used to it.

Kolab
Senior

Hello! Remi, I am relly new in Android Studio. I imported the project to Android Studio directly from git, but I can't build it , there is an error: Unable to find a matching configuration of project : BlueSTSDK: - None of the consumable configurations have attributes. I have seeked a long time on internet how to solve the error, but each solution brings more errors. Could you give some directives to build this project? I would be very thankfull

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

I am afraid I won’t be of much help here as I never used Android Studio too.

I just came to know that this is what is used by people developing apk.

Sorry for my poor knowledge on this Android part.