cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo board ground shorted

FDi L.228
Associate II

Hi, I don't really have an electronics background so this might be a silly question.

Is there a reason why the ground pins on my Nucleo board (f767zi) are shorted with jumpers?

Or are the jumpers only used to give the board ""feets""?

I'm attaching a picture.0690X00000BwV7SQAV.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

> Or are the jumpers only used to give the board ""feets""?

Yes this is the reason, otherwise the pins tend to scratch the desk surface and often also bend.

The jumpers also are supposed to result in some clearance for the other pins above the desk surface.

This also serves as a convenient "store" for the jumpers, which may come handy at times.

(Unfortunately, on Nucleo-64 boards, the pins are already populated and they are the long variety (which is good for attaching them), but the "feet" jumpers are not populated at both ends and even the two which are, are not of the proper variety i.e. they are not long enough.)

JW

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

> Or are the jumpers only used to give the board ""feets""?

Yes this is the reason, otherwise the pins tend to scratch the desk surface and often also bend.

The jumpers also are supposed to result in some clearance for the other pins above the desk surface.

This also serves as a convenient "store" for the jumpers, which may come handy at times.

(Unfortunately, on Nucleo-64 boards, the pins are already populated and they are the long variety (which is good for attaching them), but the "feet" jumpers are not populated at both ends and even the two which are, are not of the proper variety i.e. they are not long enough.)

JW

FDi L.228
Associate II

Thanks, that's what I thought but still wanted confirmation before messing up something.