cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F + NM500 neuromorphic chip - hardware neural chip

michal_ca
Associate II

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there are people interested in artificial inteligence computed on embedded devices? Recently i have found a smart chip for accelerating neural networks produced by a Korean company called NM500 http://general-vision.com/documentation/TM_NM500_Hardware_Manual.pdf and i am trying to play with it. I have found that the NM500 uses 16bit parallel bus and the manufacturer is using fpga as a interface to this bus. I find this quite limiting, because there is no easy way how to implement this chip without their fpga to my PCB designs.

Thats why i have decided to programm a small C library form STM32 which uses DMA and standard GPIO to communicate with NM500 at full speed. Now i am creating a small developement kit (arduino footprint compatiblie), with STM32F7, three NM500, SD card, 128mb ram and camera interface

What do you think about NM500 ? I was wondering, since i havent found any posts about this chip in the forums if there are others interested in it? I am thinking of maybe going public with my kit and c library.

4 REPLIES 4
ABaho.1
Associate II

Hi Michael,

does the board include an STM32, I found a product named 'NEUROTILE' but it seem impossible to get it

I'm working on the same project as yours, is it possible to share your hardware?

best regards

Azdine

Hi Azdine,

Yes it does. STM32 and NM500 - direct connection.

May I ask you what project are you working on ?

If you want developing kit I working on it. It will be available end of this week.

schematic for NeuroShield is here

https://github.com/nepes-ai/neuroshield/blob/master/UserManual_NeuroShield.pdf

ABaho.1
Associate II

Hi Michael,

thanks for your quick answer, you mean that your product is similar to the 'Neurotile'

I working on a capacitive sensing product , the goal is to use a capacitive sensor module

like LDC2112 from TI.

I need to recognize objects with capacitive sensing in different configurations. So if you

can supply a main board lais around an STM32 and NM500 we can play with the LDC2112

if your module is available next week this will be fine.

best regards

Azdine

ABaho.1
Associate II

hi Michael,

did you finish you kit and how to get 3 units

best regards

Azdine