cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: CubeMX/CubeIDE ignores changes in initialization order.

Herm
Associate III

Using Project Manager -> Advanced Settings -> Generated Function Calls you can change the initialization order. However this setting is ignored when writing the code.

You have to manually change the order in the .ioc file in this line:

ProjectManager.functionlistsort=1-MX_GPIO_Init-GPIO-false-HAL-true,2-SystemClock_Config-RCC-false-HAL-false,3-MX_DMA_Init-DMA-false-LL-true,4-MX_LPUART1_UART_Init-LPUART1-false-LL-true,5-MX_TIM20_Init-TIM20-false-LL-true,6-MX_USART3_UART_Init-USART3-false-HAL-true,7-MX_ADC1_Init-ADC1-false-LL-true,8-MX_ADC2_Init-ADC2-false-LL-true,9-MX_ADC3_Init-ADC3-false-LL-true,10-MX_ADC4_Init-ADC4-false-LL-true,11-MX_ADC5_Init-ADC5-false-HAL-true

Changing the numbers is what CubeMX is doing, but that is not enough. You have to actually reorder the items.

CubeIDE:

Version: 1.2.1

Build: 5190_20200115_1224 (UTC)

STM32CubeG4 Firmware Package V1.1.0 / 28-June-2019

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

This was reported in another thread and I wrote a ticket about it at that time. It will be fixed in an upcoming release.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

This was reported in another thread and I wrote a ticket about it at that time. It will be fixed in an upcoming release.

@Markus GIRDLAND​ 

For what it's worth, this is still happening to me as of today using STM32CubeIDE 1.7.0 with a STM32F030C8T.

Spent hours trying to figure out what I had done wrong.