cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How pin compatible are 100pin STM32F746VGT6 and STM32H750VBT6? Solved probably

LMI2
Lead

I hope the title tells it but F746 was out of stock in a couple of European stockists and H750 was in stock and also cheaper. Both in LQFP100. I wonder am I lucky or do I have to make a new board? If buggy forum permits, that is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LMI2
Lead

I copied settings my self from CPU to CPU. It looks like they are pin compatible.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

The F746, F756 and F750 should all be the same die/bondout. The latter having CRYPT/HASH enabled, and less memory tested.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
RMcCa
Senior II

I'm pretty sure the H7s are not pin compatable with the F7 series. They are also quite abit more complicated and the H750 only has one sector of flash.​

Sorry read F7, ST and their F750 H750 naming to confuse everyone.

I'd walk down the Data Sheet columns for the 100-pin devices in both chips. Have boards where we're run 144-pin H7 and F7 interchangeably.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
LMI2
Lead

I chose the 100 pin version. Too bad. I have to check those datasheets, sometimes it is just faster to get an answer from forum.

LMI2
Lead

Power supply, special pins and ports are similar. I wonder, can ports be programmed similarly too, I mean can I have timers, uarts, ADC and so on at same pins.

LMI2
Lead

I copied settings my self from CPU to CPU. It looks like they are pin compatible.