cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to STM32L082 of AT slave firmware provided in i-cube_lrwan

MTriv.1
Associate II

Hi Community,

I'm using B-L072Z-LRWAN1 using the firmware AT slave available in the package en.i-cube_lrwan. The evaluation board uses the module CMWX1ZZABZ-091 that includes STM32L072 but the commercialized version of the module is CMWX1ZZABZ-078 that includes STM32L082 with integrated AES-128. I need therefore to migrate the AT slave firmware from STM32L072 to STM32L082. Does anyone have experience with this activity? Is it enough to rebuild the project with STM32L082 (and not use the AES-128 hardware accelerator) or other firmware changes are necessary?

Thanks in advance for the support.

Matteo

6 REPLIES 6

You should be able to load an L072 firmware binary onto the L082 device.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello!

I have the same issue. I need to load AT_Slave firmware in CMWX1ZZABZ-078 module (STM32L082). @MTriv.1​  did you try to load the same firmware onto L082 as @Community member​ advice above?

At the moment I cant try because I didnt have the module.

MTriv.1
Associate II

Actually I rebuilt the project selecting STM32L082 and everything worked fine.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Could you give me some steps for rebuilding project for STM32L082? I am working with STM32CubeIDE, but it seems there is not method for direct rebuilding changing target mcu. I tried copy-pasting code to a new project for L082 but I-CUBE-LRWAN library its so complex to add and compile without errors...

ty.locke
Associate II

In CubeIDE you can navigate to Project Properties. Under C/C++ General options, select paths and symbols. Remove the symbol for the STM32L072 and add one for the STM32L082, then re-build the project.

Perhaps I'm missing a key plot element here, but functionally outside of the HASH/CRYP type operation what's materially different in the code built for one vs the other?

I've built for the DISCO boards, GrassHopper and the MKR 1300 WAN with little regard to the L072/L082 CPU.

In most cases the project files are TXT or XML, and can be edited outside of the tool chain. ST has a free Keil License for CM0(+) devices, and there it is trivial to clone project files. I don't understand why tool-chains would make this so difficult and disruptive.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..