cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the PC2_C pin be used for digital I/O (STM32H743)

PMath.4
Senior III

This seems very confusing. In the manual the pin is marked ANA which it annotates as Analog-only input, and yet it has a bunch of special functions that are digital in nature (e.g. SPI_MISO, FMC_SDNE0) and both input and output. CubeMX allows me to set the pin as a digital input or output and on my test systems (3) it works as expected as a digital input and output when configured. However, I have one user who reports the pin isn't working as a digital I/O. Can someone explain. Is CubeMX wrong to allow me to set the pin as a digital output?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

> In the manual the pin is marked ANA which it annotates as Analog-only input,

Which manual? Where does it say so?

JW

PMath.4
Senior III

Chip datasheet - pin descriptions. Table 7 gives the legend. The the PIN/Ball definition table gives the pin functions and uses the ANA legend on pin PC2_C. Note how the special functions are the same on the 240 pin part (PC2) and the other parts (PC2_C). Only the analog channels are different

As footnote 6 in that table explains, on packages where the digital pin (PC2) is not brought out to physical pin/ball, PC2_C pin can be connected to the digital one internally on the chip, using an analog switch, see description of SYSCFG_PMCR.PC2SO in RM. See also Analog inputs connected to ADC inputs figure in the GPIO chapter of RM.

JW

PMath.4
Senior III

Many thanks for the info - need to explore/test and then I'll report findings

PMath.4
Senior III

Looks like a faulty analog switch in one particular CPU. All others work well and SYSCFG_PMCR.PC2SO is reading correctly on the faulty unit. Thanks for the help.