cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker errors and "Run target" fails

idrissmc
Associate II

hi everyone,

i wanted to create a project with touchGFX but there are errors, i just create the graphic interface, i didn't add any code!

even though when i tried to upload to my card an example it said error too!

how can i resolve this?

0690X00000BwBSfQAN.png

0690X00000BwBRIQA3.png0690X00000BwBRDQA3.png0690X00000BwBR8QAN.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's working as intended =) You're getting the right ideas now.

As i said, CubeMX does not know anything about touch controllers. This is BSP! It only does MCU configuration.

The application template comes with a working project. What we did is start from cubemx/generator (like you) and then manually made the touch controller work, manually configured SDRAM and QSPI, because that's how you would bring up a custom board. The touch controller is display/board specific! CubeMX has no clue, so you need to write the code yourself. And that's what we did for you, in all the application templates.

/Martin

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Please show me the log from the designer on why "run target" fails - Which board is this? You need ST-Link installed, and you haven't, is my guess.

As far as your linker issues - Looks like the generated image code has not been added to your project. This looks like Keil - Did you simply start from an Application template? The "Generate" code button should update the project with new files but you can add them manually - I'm not sure what could be wrong with that - but "Generate code" will fail if it cannot execute its "post generate command".

/Martin

hi @Martin KJELDSEN​,

i use the F746G-disco board, I have cubeProgrammer installed, I found the trick but now i have an other problem, PostGenerateCommand "echo test" i put.

so, I created a project on cubeIDE, I added TouchGFX on the middleware, then I executed TouchGFX Designer, I created 2 screen to test, Then I opened again Cube IDE, and here the errors.

I use Cube IDE 1.0.2 and touchGFX 4.13.0

N.B.: I tried to exclude simulators files as someone did on a tutorial but it didn’t work!

is there any documents?

0690X00000BwFPLQA3.png

0690X00000BwFPVQA3.png

you'll have to have ST-Link installed. It's not the same as the cubeProgrammer (although it might rely on ST-Link as well? I'm not completely sure)

It seems that you have followed a guide for an old version of TouchGFX. Be aware that the 4.13.0 have significant enhancements and changes that most likely render the 'old' method obsolete.

it's the same. the issue isn't from there

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I did same as you did on youtube, but still not working!

please me @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

0690X00000BwFpJQAV.png

0690X00000BwFpOQAV.png

0690X00000BwFpEQAV.png

idrissmc
Associate II

hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I got 1 error now, please help, I can't understand how to make .elf

0690X00000BwFrFQAV.png

It said cannot find -llibtouchgfx-float-abi-hard

0690X00000BwFsIQAV.png

There's a linker error somewhere - Can you show me a bit further up the log window?

/Martin

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

14:39:21 **** Build of configuration Debug for project Gaming_Project ****

make -j4 all 

arm-none-eabi-g++ -o "Gaming_Project.elf" @"objects.list" -llibtouchgfx-float-abi-hard -mcpu=cortex-m7 -T"C:\Users\Idris\STM32CubeIDE\workspace_1.0.2\Gaming_Project\STM32F746NGHX_FLASH.ld" --specs=nosys.specs -Wl,-Map="Gaming_Project.map" -Wl,--gc-sections -static -L"C:\Users\Idris\STM32CubeIDE\workspace_1.0.2\Gaming_Project\Middlewares\ST\TouchGFX\touchgfx\lib\core\cortex_m7\gcc" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -Wl,--start-group -lc -lm -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -Wl,--end-group

c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.0.2\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.7-2018-q2-update.win32_1.0.0.201904181610\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -llibtouchgfx-float-abi-hard

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [makefile:83: Gaming_Project.elf] Error 1

"make -j4 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

14:39:40 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 18s.447ms)

here what i excluded:

0690X00000BwHXvQAN.png

0690X00000BwHY0QAN.png

here the path I added:

0690X00000BwHYPQA3.png

0690X00000BwHYUQA3.png

I hope you'll find the error !

Thank you

arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -llibtouchgfx-float-abi-hard

Is the library on your library path ("Library Paths")? Also, the syntax looks strange, but this may just be representation from CubeIDE since the library seems to be correctly listed in your screenshot.

/Martin