cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow for TouchGFX on STM32H7 devices

mkrug
Associate III

Dear all,

I still haven't understood how the workflow should be for applications that use TouchGFX on STM32H7 devices.

As far as I understood there is not graphic support at all since CubeMX5.5.0. On the other side I seems that I cannot import an STM32 project into TouchGFX. Therefore I assume the starting point is the TouchGFX Designer. Choose a board with a H7 device and after setting up all GUI elements the code can be generated. However, that generated code is not directly usable as STM32IDECubeMX project. I managed to import it as AC6 project. The structure of the project is similar, but not equal. So how to deal with that? Did I overlook something?

Best Regards

Markus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

We're working on updating ALL existing Application templates from the designer with CubeMX 5.5. / Generator support. You are right in your assumptions, but we're working on getting all the ATs up to date after release of CubeMX 5.5 + X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.13.

Which H7 are you after? H750 is almost done. H743 is on the list, but H747 (dual core) are actually blocked from CubeMX on using Additional Software, i think.

/Martin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

We're working on updating ALL existing Application templates from the designer with CubeMX 5.5. / Generator support. You are right in your assumptions, but we're working on getting all the ATs up to date after release of CubeMX 5.5 + X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.13.

Which H7 are you after? H750 is almost done. H743 is on the list, but H747 (dual core) are actually blocked from CubeMX on using Additional Software, i think.

/Martin

mkrug
Associate III

Dear Martin,

unfortunately I'm working with the H747 on the corresponding DiscoveryBoard. And yes, there is not Additional Software working at all for these devices. Would be great if this will change. At least the demo applications should be available in the STM32IDE format.

Best Regards

Markus

Hi, that's bad luck - There's not much i can do about it other than push CubeMX team to add support 🙂 I'm not really sure why other than it's a complex MCU.

Because of this it's not our top priority to add support for all compilers/IDEs for that board. We'd rather have CubeMX/Generator support for the boards that support it first. H747 will come, though!

/Martin