cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916 solution for exclusive use in Card Emulation mode.

pagano.paganino
Associate III

Hello,

I am evaluating the ST25R3916 solution for exclusive use in Card Emulation mode.

I need additional information on the part of passive components and matching circuits necessary to use only the Card Emulation mode.

As a reference I was seeing the X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1 board, do I need all the components on the X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1?

Any reference on this?

Best regards,

Damiano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Damiano,

I had a chat with Carlo:

With the ST25 tags it is not possible to implement an arbitrary ISO7816-4 (non-NDEF) application. Even if you don't want to use reader functionality on the ST25R3916 you still need all the components. The only exception is the Variable Capacitors which you can remove / compensate with the MLCs.

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Carlo Corlattoni
ST Employee

Hello,

Also for card mode only it is required to use all passive components like in reader mode, including complete matching network.

If you only need card mode, maybe you can use ST25 dynamic tags instead?

Bye,

Carlo

Hello Carlo,

i need ST25R3916 for card emulation, there are others ST25 that offer this functionality?

Regards,

Damiano

Carlo Corlattoni
ST Employee

I have the problem wrote in this post: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BsOJvASQW/application-non-ndef

There are ST25 dynamic tags that offer this functionality?

Thanks,

Damiano

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Damiano,

I had a chat with Carlo:

With the ST25 tags it is not possible to implement an arbitrary ISO7816-4 (non-NDEF) application. Even if you don't want to use reader functionality on the ST25R3916 you still need all the components. The only exception is the Variable Capacitors which you can remove / compensate with the MLCs.

Regards, Ulysses