cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, Where can I download the support libraries for the ST91x please?

TSemm.1
Associate II

I need the documentation to go with the libraries too.

I have inherited a project based around the STR912FAW44X6 which needs to be changed. It looks like I need V2.1 (12/22/2008) . We have plenty of stock, and no time to re-design at the moment.

4 REPLIES 4

Not sure what I have to hand, it has been a while. The library is SPL like, check library source for interface expectations. There should be examples and perhaps Windows Help files.​

Any​ particular aspect you're having trouble with? Do you have static analysis tools to understand the project structure and functionality? Might want to invest in some if doing caretaker/maintenance work.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TSemm.1
Associate II

HI Clive,

Thank you for your reply. I don't have static analysis tools, but I probably don't have time to learn them too just now. There are many things I want to understand about the library, but the current one is why the ADC is being used the way it is, and whether there may be something in the library to help me to avoid having the delay that was written into the code.

I can see what is expected as far as macros go, but not for instance how the scanning works on the ADC init. Can more than one ADC be used at a time? I have used various microcontrollers before, but not this one.

I am not familiar with SPL Library, and usually write my own bare metal code using controllers like MC68HC11, HC12, TMS320C6711, MSP430, and various PICs from PIC10F to PIC24. I used libraries with Xilinx microblaze, but I had documentation for that. I'm not a high level programmer.

Thanks again,

Tim

With ST most of the mechanics of the hardware are in the Reference Manual. The pins, voltages and timing stuff in the Data Sheet.

Going to be several hours until I can get to the STR7 and STR9 archives.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TSemm.1
Associate II

Thanks Clive, I'm actually reading the reference manual right now. I would really appreciate a link to the files though so I can have a look at what (was) provided. Also re-install from scratch if needed. Do you have a suggestion for static analysis tools? The thing is, this project has an RTOS installed too, so would that even work?

Thanks for all your help.

Tim