cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK-V3SET Programmer/Debugger not recognized when connected to USB port.

BitBanger46
Associate III

I am using Windows 7. I installed the drivers for the STLINK-V3SET using the .BAT file and the dpinstamd64.exe program. (I found the .INF files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Drivers folder and so I assume that the driver installation was successful.) However, when I plug the STLINK-V3SET into a USB port on my computer, it is not recognized i.e. there is no connect message or sound to indicate that the device enumeration process has been initiated. I confirmed this by using the Device Manager to look at all of the USB devices connected to my computer. The green Power LED is illuminated on the STLINK-V3SET pod. The COM LED is off. I know the USB port is good because I do see a message and hear a sound when I connect my Segger JLINK to the same USB port!!

4 REPLIES 4

Try a different cable. Charging cable might not have data lines wired​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
BitBanger46
Associate III

Let me say without reservation or qualification that I was totally in awe of the fact that your suggestion worked!! (I will admit that, at first, I thought the idea of switching to a different cable was rather hokey because I have been working with digital hardware, software and firmware for 55+ years and never encountered a bad cable!!) In any event, a big THANK YOU!! This experience with the STM Community reinforces my belief that the collaborative nature of sites like this will always provide a superior level of support than any manufacturer.

Thanks, while my response was brief I had parsed what you wrote, and checked off mentally a lot of things it probably wasn't. I often bang things out on the phone, so typing can be challenging.

Pretty sure the Segger had a different type of USB cable, and Micro USB cables are notoriously awful. There's also a high prevalence of "charging" cables and ones damage from a lot of insert/remove cycles, which fail in the manner you described. Docking Stations and Hubs pretty high on the failure list.

A lot of people as have Mini USB cables that work on lots of things fine, but aren't really USB 2.0 480 Mbps rated. Had a Keil uLink-Pro that gave me a lot of issues.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
namell91
Associate

I just had the exact same issue, and THANK YOU for replying, @Tesla DeLorean . I couldn't believe that the solution was so simple. Wish I found this sooner. Thank you!