cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fonts appearance differed in the updated version

WDAI.1
Associate II

Hi!

I encounter the issue with font appears differently in the old and new version of touchGFX.

The font I use : Noto Sans Medium.

In the old version (4.10) the Noto Sans Medium looks thin and tall

At the same time, typography name for Noto Sans Medium family is weird, see pic below.

0690X00000Bw5UVQAZ.png

In the new version (4.12) the Noto Sans Medium looks thicker, no problem with name display.

Now we kind of sure the thicker one is the correct one, but we want an explanation, what caused this difference?

Input from google font family: For use in web content: it is very important to use the fonts as web fonts. When a font is only specified in CSS font-family but not really delivered to the client as a web font, the browser will automatically fall back to another font. Some Noto fonts are available at Google Web Fonts Early Access. However, sometimes, it doesn’t serve the latest version of Noto or provides a subset of a font. In addition, be aware that the web latency for large fonts, such as for Noto Sans CJK, can be large.

Could this be possible explanation for the differences?

Looking forward to your answer

br

Devin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Devin,

TouchGFX 4.13.0 is out. Can you please check that? I know we've fixed issues related to this.

/Martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Devin,

TouchGFX 4.13.0 is out. Can you please check that? I know we've fixed issues related to this.

/Martin

Hi Matin,

Just checked with GFX 4.13, same thickness as the 4.12 version.

So it just the 4.10 version appears weird.

/Devin

So, would you say 4.13.0 fixed the issue? 🙂

Yes, or the 4.12 version has fixed the issue already.

Thanks!