cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32H474I cannot debug

GunkutA
Senior

I just got a STM32H747I-DISCO board. When I try to debug it and load the code to it by using its internal ST-Link and STM32Cube IDE. It says : "Break at address "0xa05f0000" with no debug information available, or outside of program code."

And when there comes a little option( View Disassembly) that leads me to some assembly code. How can I fix it? I am just trying to make simple led blinking. To be honest I have no idea how to use this board. This is my first time with it, maybe I am trying to write codes to the wrong core? Or maybe the problem is in the debug properties. I am stuck with it. How can I fix it?

10 REPLIES 10
Trevor Jones
Senior

not sure but have seen this several times,

usually cleared by pulling the USB connector from the Disco board and then put it back in after 5 seconds.

do you see the stlink drive ? should be as large as the flash..

Trevor Jones
Senior

do you have a power supply ? is it stable?

can you check the 5V on a cro ?

I am using USB port of the board (ST-Link V3) I checked all the nodes, power is fine.

GunkutA
Senior

When I pull out the USB connector and then put it back. It gets fixed. Thank you for the help. But it is usually giving me the same error so I believe there must be a more stable way to fix it. Also time to time it is giving me "Failed to insert hardware breakpoints: You may have requested too many hardware breakponits/watchpoints" error. Eventhough I have no breakpoint.

GunkutA
Senior

Okay so I have figured out that it also gives "Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap." error. I believe that is related to GBD but ı don't know how to work with GBD in STM32.

Trevor Jones
Senior

GDB works very well in Visual Studio

try to delete all breakpoints.

try a better USB cable.

There are no breakpoints and I have tried it with 2 different USB cables.

Trevor Jones
Senior

try visual studio, how old is your machine ?

you at least 8G ram and I5 to be fast...

It's a new machine with 16 GB Ram and i7 9th gen. I don't need to use GBD though can I just change it? I couldn't find option to change GBD to normal debugger..