cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE_Beacon Example on STM32CubeIDE and P-Nucleo WB55

MVegl.1
Associate

I'm trying to make the "BLE_Beacon" example found inside the "STM32CubeWB" file work with the STM32CubeIDE and the P-NUCLEO WB55 board. The program compiles correctly but I can't see the beacons. Debugging I saw that when it arrives in the loop it crashes and ends up in the default handler. I added as written within the program UTIL_SEQ_Run( UTIL_SEQ_DEFAULT ); inside the loop but the problem persists. Can you help me to fix the bug?

4 REPLIES 4
JRobe.2459
Associate II

You got further than I have. Mine doesn't compile. If I found where BLE_beacon was available for STM32CubeIDE, I might be able to help.

JRobe.2459
Associate II

I should have posted 15 minutes later. My BLE_Beacon is running on Nucleo WB55, and my BLE Sensor Toolbox is finding the beacon.

What I have: I updated my FUS, Wireless stack, and STM32 IDE to 1.2.1, and then imported the BLE_Beacon Application from firmware 1.3.0, importing from the SW4STM32 (using Import...Import ac6 System Workbench...). That compiled out-of-the-box, and I didn't modify anything. I found the beacon, and I repeatedly hit "Pause" from the debugger and it is not in the fault handler.

MVegl.1
Associate

I tried to do the same operations and now when I pause the program is no longer inside the defaul handler but in stm32_seq.c and I think it's right. However, I still can't see the beacons. What version of stm32wb5x_FUS_fw.bin did you use and in which memory address did you flash it?

JRobe.2459
Associate II

I used the FUS_fw.bin from the 1.3.0 firmware .zip file, but I find the beacon a bit spotty. and I don't know why. Sometimes I find it, sometimes I don't. I decreased the advertising interval (defined in ibeacon.h) down from 1000ms to 100ms.

The "Beacon Scanner" app on my phone very clearly finds an iBeacon with UUID 000102030405060708090a0b0c0d0e0f, with Major/Minor revs of 1/1, and Tx Power of -63dB. Which matches the settings in ibeacon.h. But I don't see offhand where the node name and mac address would be set. The beacon might be easier to find then.